Research & Publications
Dr. Adnan Prsic is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is a fellowship-trained hand surgeon who specializes in disorders of the hand, wrist, and forearm caused by congenital differences or trauma. Dr. Prsic has a unique training background with both Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery as well as advanced training in the care of the upper extremity at an Orthopaedic Hand Surgery Fellowship.
He attended Bowdoin College and Harvard Medical School. His love of New England led him to Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Training at New England’s oldest plastic surgery residency at Brown University. In search of complete training of the hand and upper extremity Dr. Prsic joined the University of Washington Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine as a hand and microsurgery fellow. There he trained with leaders in hand surgery and focused on traumatic injuries as well as acquired and congenital complex hand and wrist problems. His training was completed at Harborview Medical Center, one of the busiest trauma hospitals in the United States.
At Harborview Medical Center he also became a research fellow in the Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center (HIPRC) and studied brachial plexus injuries. He has authored several book chapters and research studies on traumatic injuries of the hand. Dr. Prsic’s research interests are in hand trauma, 3D printed medical devices and medical education. He is a dedicated and passionate medical educator and was recognized with prestigious awards like the Alpha Omega Alpha and The Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award
Education & Training
- MHS-Med EdYale School of Medicine, Medical Education (2024)
- Hand and Microsurgery FellowUniversity of Washington (2018)
- Plastic Surgery Chief ResidentAlpert Medical School of Brown University (2017)
- Plastic Surgery ResidentAlpert Medical School of Brown University (2016)
- General Surgery ResidentAlpert Medical School of Brown University (2014)
- General Surgery InternAlpert Medical School of Brown University (2012)
- MDHarvard Medical School, Medicine (2011)
- ABBowdoin College, Biochemistry; German (2005)
- Flexor Tendon Trouble -- Pulleys and GraftsMiami, FL, United States 2023American Association for Hand Surgery Annual Meeting
- Surgical Education and Feedback: Embracing an Evolving ConceptNew Haven, CT, United States 2022Yale Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds
|Journal of Hand Surgery||Reviewer||2020 - Present|