Research & Publications
Zubin is a physician scientist with 30 years of experience in academia and the pharmaceutical industry and is the Chief Medical Officer at Certego Therapeutics. Previously, Zubin was SVP R&D at Rallybio (a rare disease focussed biotech which went public in 2021) and Vice President and Head of External Innovation at Alexion Pharmaceuticals, where he also led the Strategic Evaluation team in Business Development. He previously held positions of increasing responsibility at Bristol-Myers Squibb, where he worked in multiple therapeutic areas including neuroscience and clinical pharmacology and was in academia prior to BMS.
Zubin received his medical degree and completed his psychiatry residency at Delhi University. He subsequently completed another residency in psychiatry at the University of Oxford, where he was awarded a DPhil (Ph.D.) in neuroimaging and neurobiology. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (UK) and the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, has authored more than 80 papers in neuroscience/psychiatry, and has been on the faculty of the Department of Psychiatry at Yale University School of Medicine since 2005, where he is an Adjunct Associate Professor.
Education & Training
- DPhilUniversity of Oxford (2004)
- Medical Research Council Clinical Training FellowMedical School, University Of Oxford (2001)
- Clinical Research FellowInstitute of Psychiatry, King's College London (1999)
- ResidentUniversity of Oxford (1998)
- MDMaulana Azad Medical College (1994)
- ResidentUniversity of Delhi (1994)
- MBBSMaulana Azad Medical College (1989)
- Board CertificationThe Royal College of Psychiatrists, Psychiatry (1998)
- Depression, UKUnited Kingdom 2010A Study of GABA And 5-HT Interactions to Test a Molecular Model of Vulnerability