Research & Publications
Nabeel Nabulsi obtained his BA degree from UTA in 1980 in Chemistry (pre-Medicine), MS degree from TTU in Organic Chemistry in 1984, and PhD from LSU in Organic/Bioorganic Chemistry in 1991. Afterwards, Dr Nabulsi spent several years back in his ancestry homeland Jordan, during which time worked as director of Organic Chemistry labs in the College of Pharmacy at the University of Jordan for Women, and subsequently as senior scientist at Hikma pharmaceuticals raw chemicals division, all the while engaging in comparative theological research and free-lance writing.
After returning to the States, Dr Nabulsi spent 2 years as a research fellow chemist at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in the Department of Infectious Diseases Infection Control and Employee Health, where he worked in Dr I Raad's lab on developing methods for coating/impregnating indwelling medical devices with antiseptics to prevent nosocomial infections. Subsequently, Dr Nabulsi was awarded a 3-year training fellowship in PET radiochemistry in Dr M Kilbourn's Lab at the University of Michigan. Dr Nabulsi was recruited by Dr Y-S Ding to join the Yale PET Center in 2006.
Education & Training
- FellowshipUniversity of Michigan Medical School (2006)
- FellowshipUniversity of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center (2001)
- PhDLouisiana State University, Chemsitry/Organic/Bioorganic (1991)
- MSTexas Tech University, Chemistry/Organic (1984)
- BAUniversity of Texas at Arlington, Chemistry/Pre-Medicine (1980)
- Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Compliance with Regulatory Requirements Regarding Production of Radiopharmaceuticals for Clinical ApplicationsChengdu, Sichuan, China 2019Department of Nuclear Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University
- Production of Clinically Useful Quantities of the mGluR5 Radiopharmaceutical [18F]FPEBLos Angeles, CA, United States 2019Semel Institute PET Center, West Los Angeles VA Medical Center
Honors & Recognition
|"Distinguished Dissertation Award" nominee in recognition of extraordinarily high quality doctoral research.||Louisiana State University||1991|
|Laboratory Safety Committee, Yale University||Member||2015 - Present|
|Society of Radiopharmaceutical Sciences||Member||2010 - Present|
|Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging||Member||2006 - Present|