Research & Publications
Dr. Saria Hassan is an Instructor in General Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. She is core faculty at the Equity Research Innovation Center. She is certified in both Internal Medicine and Pediatrics and spent her early years as a Primary Care Physician for the under-served in New Haven, CT. She is now the Deputy Director of the Yale Transdisciplinary Collaborative Center for Health Disparities focused on Precision Medicine, where she hopes to continue her work with under-served populations by addressing the important issue of health disparities. Her research interest is in using implementation science and implementation science frameworks to design, implement and evaluate interventions to reduce cardiovascular risk disparities in the US and globally.
Dr. Hassan is also the Director of the Pediatric Global Health Track for residents in the General Pediatrics department. Please visit the Pediatric Global Health Track website for more information.
Education & Training
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine (2011) (2011)
- Internal Medicine and Pediatrics ResidencyYale New Haven Hospital (2010)
- Board CertificationAB of Pediatrics, Pediatrics (2010) (2010)
- MDHarvard Medical School (2006)
- BScMassachusetts Institute of Technology (2001)
- Management of Chronic Disease after Natural DisastersBridgetown, Saint Michael, Barbados; The Valley, Anguilla; FreeTown, Saint Philip, Antigua and Barbuda; Port Elizabeth, Grenadines, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 2019Management of Chronic Disease after Natural Disasters
- Pediatric ECHORN Cohort StudyBridgetown, Saint Michael, Barbados; Port of Spain, Port of Spain Corporation, Trinidad and Tobago; Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; San Juan, San Juan, Puerto Rico 2018Pediatric ECHORN Cohort Study
- Diabetes Prevention with Lifestyle Intervention and Metformin Escalation (LIME)Bridgetown, Saint Michael, Barbados; Port of Spain, Port of Spain Corporation, Trinidad and Tobago; Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; Carolina, Carolina, Puerto Rico 2016Diabetes Prevention with Lifestyle Intervention and Metformin Escalation (LIME)
- Integrating HIV Care into a Medication Assisted Treatment Program in TanzaniaDar es Salaam, Dar es Salam, Tanzania (2014-2017)Integrating HIV Care into a Medication Assisted Treatment Program in Tanzania
Honors & Recognition
|Raymond Wong Fellowship||2010|