Research & Publications
Dr. Smith was born in Manchester, CT. He attended the University of Vermont, where he majored in sociology. After spending time in Vermont working for AmeriCorps, he returned to UVM where he completed a post baccalaureate degree and ultimately obtained his MD. Dr. Smith returned to Connecticut to complete his Internal Medicine residency training in the Yale Primary Care Internal Medicine Program. Dr. Smith is a board-certified Internal Medicine Physician. His research interests include social determinants of health as well as qualitative methods.
Dr. Smith is also interested in work place safety, and recently has been more involved with ongoing research related to occupational COVID exposures. In his free time, he enjoys skiing, playing tennis and tending to his sourdough starter.
Education & Training
- ResidentYale New Haven Hospital (2020)
- MDUniversity of Vermont (2017)
- BAUniversity of Vermont, Sociology (2007)
- Board CertificationAB of Preventive Medicine, Occupational Medicine (2023)
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine (2020)