Jorge Moreno, MD
Dr. Jorge O. Moreno is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Yale School of Medicine. Previously, he worked in a community practice in Branford, CT and quickly became a highly sought-after internist. From an early age, Dr. Moreno knew he wanted to work in primary care to treat and help prevent disease as well as foster lasting relationships with patients.
Dr. Moreno is originally from Mexico and is also fluent in Spanish. He grew up in New Rochelle, NY and completed his undergraduate degree at Columbia University in 2006. He later worked for HealthCorps, an organization teaching high school student about leading a healthier lifestyle. In 2011, he obtained his medical degree from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. He completed his internal medical residency at the Yale University’s Primary Care Residency Program Yale New Haven in 2014.
Dr. Moreno is excited to join Yale Internal Medicine Associates. He enjoys working together with patients and developing a plan tailored to their individual needs. He has a special interest in obesity treatment and management of obesity-related conditions. He lives in Madison together with his wife and son. He loves baseball and is a fan of the New York Mets.
Education & Training
- Medical ResidentYale University Internal Medicine Primary Care Program (2014)
- MDUniversity of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Doctor of Medicine (2011)
- BAColumbia University, Biological Sciences (2006)
- Board CertificationAB of Obesity Medicine, Obesity Medicine (2019)
Honors & Recognition
|Primary Care Award||Yale University School of Medicine, Internal Medicine Residency||2014|
|Resident Leadership Program||National Hispanic Medical Assocation||2012|
Departments & Organizations
- General Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine Associates
- Mental Health Collaborative Care Program
- Yale Medicine