Research & Publications
Ula is an emergency physician and researcher interested in the quality of emergency care that older adults receive. She wrote the article first describing “The Geriatric Emergency Department,” co-lead the development of the 2014 Geriatric ED Guidelines that are endorsed by national Emergency Medicine and Geriatrics organizations, serves on the Board of Governors for the American College of Emergency Physician's Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation program. She is the co-PI of the Geriatric ED Collaborative (GEDC), a national implementation program supported by the John A. Hartford Foundation and the West Health Institute to educate, implement, and evaluate geriatric emergency care and is the PI of the National Institute on Aging funded Geriatric Emergency care Applied Research (GEAR) Network.
Education & Training
- MPHHarvard School of Public Health (1999)
- MDNew York University School of Medicine (1997)
- Robert Wood Johnson Clinical ScholarYale School of Medicine
- ResidentMount Sinai Medical Center
- Board CertificationAB of Emergency Medicine, Emergency Medicine (2005)