Research & Publications
Dr. Schuster has certification from the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. His clinical interests include general surgery, trauma, surgical critical care, emergency and elective general surgery, sepsis, resuscitation, and shock. His research interests include continuous glucose monitoring, long-term outcomes in trauma and emergency surgery, closure of abdominal wall defects, ultrasound in trauma and critical care, and optimizing care in emergency surgery. He has published regularly in all of these areas.
Dr. Schuster earned his undergraduate degree in electrical engineering from Drexel University and his medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine. His residency training in general surgery was at UMDNJ/Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Camden, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, New Jersey, and was fellowship trained in surgical critical care and trauma surgery at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida.
Dr. Schuster was the recipient of the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma (EAST) 2008 Leadership Workshop Scholarship. He is a member of numerous professional organizations and has held leadership positions in many of these, which include Society of Critical Care Medicine, The Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract, Committee on Trauma, Connecticut chapter, Connecticut State Trauma Committee, Connecticut Surgical Quality Collaborative, Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma, Western Trauma Association, New England Surgical Society, and the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Education & Training
- MPHYale School of Public Health (2015)
- MDTemple University School of Medicine (1998)
- BSDrexel University, Electrical Engineering (1994)
- FellowUniversity of Miami - Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- FellowUniversity of Miami -Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Chief ResidentUniversity of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jerseyl/Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ
- ResidentUMDNJ, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ
- Board CertificationAB of Surgery, Surgery, General (2005, recertified: 2013)
Honors & Recognition
|Leadership development award||Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma||2009|