Dr. McAvoy was born and raised in northern New Jersey. She received her undergraduate education from Bucknell University, where she majored in cell biology/biochemistry and minored in mathematics. She then received her medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine, before coming to Yale New Haven Hospital to complete her both residency training in Internal Medicine and fellowship training in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine.
Education & Training
- FellowYale New Haven Hospital/Yale School of Medicine (2023)
- MDUniversity of Maryland School of Medicine (2017)
- BSBucknell University, Cell Biology/Biochemistry (2013)
- ResidentYale New Haven Hospital/Yale School of Medicine
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease (2022)
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine (2020)