Research & Publications
Justin D. Blasberg, MD is an Associate Professor of Surgery and Director of Robotic Thoracic Surgery at the Yale School of Medicine. He earned his medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University and completed his cardiothoracic training at the Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr Blasberg is a Board Certified General Surgeon (ACS) and a Board Certified Thoracic Surgeon (ABTS).
Dr. Blasberg's practice includes minimally invasive and open management for diseases of the esophagus, lung, mediastinum, chest wall, thoracic outlet, and diaphragm. He has a particular interest in benign and malignant diseases of the trachea, including idiopathic laryngotracheal stenosis and post-intubation stenosis, as well as complex lung resections requiring bronchoplasty. He also performs first rib resection and anterior scalenectomy for all varieties of thoracic outlet syndrome, sympathectomy for hyperhidrosis, and minimally invasive chest wall reconstructions for pectus deformities. As a skilled surgeon, Dr. Blasberg performs the majority of his surgeries, when possible, in a minimally invasive fashion.
Dr. Blasberg has a vision and a passion for Medicine, Surgery, and improving the care of the patient. He best embodies the young academic surgeon possessing an inquisitive mind, perseverant work ethic, and an engaging personality. Dr. Blasberg leads a clinical research program on novel imaging techniques for the detection of lung cancer and surgical outcomes research in thoracic surgery.
Education & Training
- MPHYale University, Biostatistics and Epidemiology (2019)
- MDAlbert Einstein College of Medicine (2005)
- Cardiothoracic Surgery ResidentMemorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Cardiothoracic Surgery ResidentMayo Clinic
- Cardiothoracic Surgery ResidentBoston Children's Hospital
- Cardiothoracic Surgery ResidentMassachusetts General Hospital
- General Surgery ResidentSt. Lukes Roosevelt Hospital
- Board CertificationAB of Thoracic Surgery, Thoracic & Cardiac Surgery (2016)
- Board CertificationAB of Surgery, Surgery, General (2015)
Honors & Recognition
|Madison Top Doctors 2016||Madison Magazine||2016|
|David Kingdig Administrative Medicine Scholarship||University of Wisconsin||2014|