Research & Publications
The Paintsil laboratory focuses on increasing our understanding of the host determinants of individual differences in response to antiretroviral therapy; biomarkers and pathogenesis of increasing incidence of cancers in HIV treatment-experienced individuals.
Education & Training
- FellowYale University School of Medicine (2005)
- ResidentLincoln Medical Center, Bronx, NY (2002)
- InternLincoln Medical Center, Bronx, NY (2000)
- InternKorle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Accra, Ghana (1994)
- MBChBGhana Medical School
- Infectious Diseases ResearchSao Paulo, Brazil 2009Capacity building
- 1. Studying the effect of malaria during pregnancy on mother-to-child-transmission of HIV. 2) Surrogate biomarkers for monitoring HIV therapy and disease progression of Pediatric HIV in resource limited settingAccra, Ghana 2006Yale-Ghana Partnership in Global Infectious Diseases Research with the mission of accelerating progress in Infectious Diseases and Public Health research in Africa through collaborative partnerships that effectively build intrinsic research capacity, reverse “brain-drain” by strengthening academic infrastructures, and create viable career opportunities for African and American scientists.
Honors & Recognition
|American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow||2003|
|Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), Member||2003|
|Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society, Member||2002|
|Yale University||Global Health Leadership Initiative||2009 - Present|
|Council, African Studies||2003 - Present|