Research & Publications
After working as a chemical engineer, I completed my medical school training at University of Connecticut and have found the intersection between disciplines to be an exciting area for patient care and research. I have trained in internal medicine, neurology, pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine and am now focused on caring for patients with sleep disorders and those who are critically ill.
Patient care: My goal is to provide the kind of care that I would want for my own family. I believe in taking the time to hear the patient and being a guide in their journey in health and illness. In the clinic, my focus is on caring for patients with sleep disorders and in particular, individuals with complex sleep disordered breathing.
Research: My aim is to improve the lives of people with sleep disordered breathing. My colleagues and I hope to do so by identifying subgroups (phenotypes) of sleep apnea patients with unique physiology, prognoses and treatment responsiveness, as well as through development of novel, effective and tolerable treatments.
Mentors: Klar Yaggi MD, MPH, John Concato, MD, MPH, Andrew Wellman, MD, PhD (Harvard)
Education & Training
- MDUniversity of Connecticut (2008)
- BSLehigh University (2000)
- Fellow, Sleep MedicineYale University
- Fellow, Pulmonary & Critical CareYale University
- Chief Medical ResidentBeth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Boston Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Resident, Internal MedicineBeth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard University
- Resident, NeurologyBeth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard University
- Intern, Internal MedicineBeth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard University
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine (2012)
Honors & Recognition
|Outstanding Early Investigator Award||Sleep Research Society||2018|
|Parker B. Francis Fellowship Career Development Award||Francis Family Foundation||2018|
|Award Winner and Grant Recipient for Clinical Research||12th Annual Respiratory Disease Young Investigators Forum||2016|
|Fellowship in Clinical Research Grant Award||Robert E. Leet and Clara Guthrie Patterson Trust||2016|
|Yale Center for Clinical Investigation and Center for Biomedical and Interventional Technology Emerging Core Award||Yale University||2014|