Youngsun Cho, MD/PhD
Research & Publications
Dr. Youngsun T. Cho is an Assistant Professor in the Child Study Center and Department of Psychiatry at Yale University. She is a child, adolescent and adult psychiatrist. She holds an MD/PhD degree from the University of Rochester, and completed dissertation work on amygdala neuroanatomy and reward processing using fMRI. She completed psychiatry residency in the Neuroscience Research Training Program (NRTP) at Yale, and a child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at the Yale Child Study Center.
Her current research focuses on the development of cognitive and motivational brain circuits in adolescents with depression and adolescents with schizophrenia using fMRI, and pharmacologic neuroimaging to identify mechanisms of potential treatments. Her work is funded by the NIMH, and the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation.
Education & Training
- MD/PhDUniv of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry (2013)
- MSUniversity of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry (2009)
- BSMassachusetts Institute of Technology (2005)
- Board CertificationAB of Psychiatry & Neurology, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (2019)
- Board CertificationAB of Psychiatry & Neurology, Psychiatry (2017)