Yale Translational Imaging Center
Yale Nuclear Cardiology laboratories are located at Yale-New Haven Hospital. The staff includes 6 full time clinical faculty in Nuclear Cardiology, computer scientist and medical physicist, senior fellows in Nuclear Cardiology, and a team of nuclear medicine technologists, physician assistants, nurses and exercise physiologists. Nuclear Cardiology has representation from the Section of Cardiovascular Medicine in the Department of Internal Medicine and the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging and Imaging Sciences.
Laboratories and Centers
The Cardiovascular Nuclear Imaging and Exercise Laboratories at Yale comprise a comprehensive exercise and imaging center that is fully accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Nuclear laboratories (ICANL) for SPECT/CT, PET/CT and equilibrium blood pool imaging. The laboratory performs cardiac perfusion and function studies, utilizing state-of-the-art SPECT and PET, and planar imaging equipment. Both Thallium-201 and Technetium-99m labeled SPECT tracers and Rubidium-82 and 18F-deoxyglucose (FDG) PET imaging agents are used daily in conjunction with physical and pharmacological stress testing for detection and risk stratification of patients with suspected ischemic heart disease and heart failure.
The laboratory offers many new services including; evaluation of cardiac sarcoidosis and amyloidosis, peripheral arterial disease, microvascular disease, chemotherapy-induced cardiotoxicity, and sympathetic imaging of the heart for risk stratification of patients with heart failure. Static and ECG-gated tomographic and planar images are interpreted both visually and with commercially available quantitative software developed and validated in our laboratory. We routinely provide analysis of quantitative myocardial flow and flow reserve with dynamic Rubidium-82 PET imaging.
In addition, the laboratory provides Yale-New Haven Hospital Emergency Department Chest Pain Center with complete stress testing capabilities including SPECT imaging. The laboratory is fully digital and networked. All imaging studies are digitally archived. The laboratory has unique logistics in place for remote internet reading of clinical studies through a dedicated Yale Nuclear Cardiology Laboratory web site.
The laboratory at Yale perform over 7,000 clinically requested studies in outpatients and in-patients. Most studies are performed in conjunction with either physical or pharmacological stress testing. The laboratory performs the following stress modalities: physical treadmill/bicycle exercise, pharmacologic vasodilation with either regadenoson or adenosine, pharmacologic stress with dobutamine, and exercise cardiopulmonary testing.
The Yale laboratory has served as the Core Laboratory for many multi-center clinical trials. The VA laboratory is also active in clinical research projects. In addition, research laboratories dedicated to multi-modality and molecular imaging are located within the Yale Translational Research Imaging Center and on the VA campus.
- Advanced cardiovascular and molecular imaging
- Cardiac metabolism in the setting of ischemia
- Computer Quantification
- Heart Disease
- Myocardial Perfusion
- Radionuclide Imaging
- Ventricular Function
- Acupuncture for Osteoporosis: a Review of Its Clinical and Preclinical Studies.Tian Y, Wang L, Xu T, Li R, Zhu R, Chen B, Zhang H, Xia B, Che Y, Zhao D, Zhang D. J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2022 Oct 31. PMID: 36521826.
- Robotic-assisted pulley technique for the ventral hernia.Butz JJ, Newman SL. J Robot Surg. 2021 Oct; 2020 Oct 28. PMID: 33113093.
- Stem Cell Transplant for Advanced Stage Liver Disorders: Current Scenario and Future Prospects.Mahmood A, Seetharaman R, Kshatriya P, Patel D, Srivastava AS. Curr Med Chem. 2020. PMID: 31584360.
- THE CONCISE GUIDE TO PHARMACOLOGY 2019/20: G protein-coupled receptors.Alexander SPH, Christopoulos A, Davenport AP, Kelly E, Mathie A, Peters JA, Veale EL, Armstrong JF, Faccenda E, Harding SD, Pawson AJ, Sharman JL, Southan C, Davies JA. Br J Pharmacol. 2019 Dec. PMID: 31710717.
- Deutetrabenazine for tardive dyskinesia: A systematic review of the efficacy and safety profile for this newly approved novel medication-What is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be helped or harmed?Citrome L. Int J Clin Pract. 2017 Nov; 2017 Oct 12. PMID: 29024264.
- Joint involvement in systemic lupus erythematosus: From pathogenesis to clinical assessment.Ceccarelli F, Perricone C, Cipriano E, Massaro L, Natalucci F, Capalbo G, Leccese I, Bogdanos D, Spinelli FR, Alessandri C, Valesini G, Conti F. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2017 Aug; 2017 Apr 4. PMID: 28465078.
- Biological Therapy in Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Systematic Review.Corica D, Romano C. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2017 Feb. PMID: 27636407.
- Cardiac injury biomarkers in paediatric age: Are we there yet?Neves AL, Henriques-Coelho T, Leite-Moreira A, Areias JC. Heart Fail Rev. 2016 Nov. PMID: 27255332.
- Meniscus tear surgery and meniscus replacement.Vaquero J, Forriol F. Muscles Ligaments Tendons J. 2016 Jan-Mar; 2016 May 19. PMID: 27331034.
- Hydrocephalus caused by unilateral foramen of Monro obstruction: A review on terminology.Nigri F, Gobbi GN, da Costa Ferreira Pinto PH, Simões EL, Caparelli-Daquer EM. Surg Neurol Int. 2016; 2016 May 13. PMID: 27274402.
- Anti-microRNAs as Novel Therapeutic Agents in the Clinical Management of Alzheimer's Disease.Zhao Y, Alexandrov PN, Lukiw WJ. Front Neurosci. 2016; 2016 Feb 25. PMID: 26941600.
- Have Smartphones Contributed in the Clinical Progress of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery?Dhuvad JM, Dhuvad MM, Kshirsagar RA. J Clin Diagn Res. 2015 Sep; 2015 Sep 1. PMID: 26501006.
- Brexpiprazole for schizophrenia and as adjunct for major depressive disorder: a systematic review of the efficacy and safety profile for this newly approved antipsychotic - what is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be helped or harmed?Citrome L. Int J Clin Pract. 2015 Sep; 2015 Aug 6. PMID: 26250067.
- Lisdexamfetamine for binge eating disorder in adults: a systematic review of the efficacy and safety profile for this newly approved indication - what is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be helped or harmed?Citrome L. Int J Clin Pract. 2015 Apr; 2015 Mar 6. PMID: 25752762.
- OntoMate: a text-mining tool aiding curation at the Rat Genome Database.Liu W, Laulederkind SJ, Hayman GT, Wang SJ, Nigam R, Smith JR, De Pons J, Dwinell MR, Shimoyama M. Database (Oxford). 2015; 2015 Jan 25. PMID: 25619558.
- Trigeminocardiac Reflex: A Reappraisal with Relevance to Maxillofacial Surgery.Bhargava D, Thomas S, Chakravorty N, Dutt A. J Maxillofac Oral Surg. 2014 Dec; 2013 Jun 13. PMID: 26224999.
- Retro: concept-based clustering of biomedical topical sets.Yeganova L, Kim W, Kim S, Wilbur WJ. Bioinformatics. 2014 Nov 15; 2014 Jul 29. PMID: 25075115.
- Vortioxetine for major depressive disorder: a systematic review of the efficacy and safety profile for this newly approved antidepressant - what is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be helped or harmed?Citrome L. Int J Clin Pract. 2014 Jan; 2013 Oct 25. PMID: 24165478.
- Levomilnacipran for major depressive disorder: a systematic review of the efficacy and safety profile for this newly approved antidepressant--what is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be helped or harmed?Citrome L. Int J Clin Pract. 2013 Nov; 2013 Sep 8. PMID: 24016209.
- Key issues in addressing the clinical and humanistic burden of short bowel syndrome in the US.Hofstetter S, Stern L, Willet J. Curr Med Res Opin. 2013 May; 2013 Apr 2. PMID: 23480444.
- [Greenlight(®) photoselective vaporisation for benign prostatic hyperplasia: a systematic review].Misraï V, Rouprêt M, Guillotreau J, Bordier B, Bruyère F. Prog Urol. 2013 Feb; 2012 Nov 26. PMID: 23352299.
- Developing topic-specific search filters for PubMed with click-through data.Li J, Lu Z. Methods Inf Med. 2013; 2013 May 13. PMID: 23666447.
- Disaster Psychiatry in Taiwan: A Comprehensive Review.Angela Lo HW, Su CY, Chou FH. J Exp Clin Med. 2012 Apr; 2012 Feb 22. PMID: 32288930.
- Vilazodone for major depressive disorder: a systematic review of the efficacy and safety profile for this newly approved antidepressant - what is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be helped or harmed?Citrome L. Int J Clin Pract. 2012 Apr; 2012 Jan 29. PMID: 22284853.
- Recommending MeSH terms for annotating biomedical articles.Huang M, Névéol A, Lu Z. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2011 Sep-Oct; 2011 May 25. PMID: 21613640.
- Surrogate endpoints for overall survival in advanced colorectal cancer: a clinician's perspective.Piedbois P, Miller Croswell J. Stat Methods Med Res. 2008 Oct; 2008 Feb 19. PMID: 18285441.