Research & Publications
Professor Chawarska has received her clinical and research training at Yale. She is a leading expert in research on identifying early diagnostic markers and novel treatment targets in autism spectrum disorders (ASD). She leads the NIH Autism Center of Excellence at the Yale Child Study Center. In her clinical practice, Dr. Chawarska specializes in early diagnosis of ASD as well as developmental follow-up of infants at risk for ASD due to familial factors (e.g., having an older sibling with ASD), genetic factors (e.g., having a syndrome related to ASD such as Fragile X), or due to prenatal or perinatal complications such as premature birth.
Education & Training
- PhDYale University (2000)
- Post-Doctoral FellowshipYale University School of Medicine (2000)
- MAJagiellomian Univ. (1986)
- MSYale University, Psychology
- MPhilYale University, Psychology