Research Scientist; Technical Director of Tissue Distribution and Analysis Service, Pathology Department
Tissue Distribution and Analysis (TDA)
Tissue Distribution and Analysis (TDA) is a shared resource of Yale Cancer Center & Yale Pathology Tissue Services.
The mission of this division is to maximize the access of human tissues to translational investigators by providing high quality annotated fresh and frozen human tissue to Yale and other users.
- All tissue must be handled in strict compliance with HIPAA regulations, University Research Policies, Pathology Department diagnostic requirements and Hospital by-laws.
- Barriers to tissue use for research should be minimized as much as possible to promote translational research at Yale.
- Tissue used for research should be made available as broadly as possible, but users must recognize and be prepared to assume the responsibilities and costs associated with all aspects of tissue procurement and management.
- Due to the importance of tissue related information, the information delivery from pathology data archives are also included in this distribution structure.
For each request, a standard operating procedure must be drawn up by the requesting investigator. This SOP must be approved by the director of the Pathology service for the desired tissue. Personnel from TDA will help interested investigators design and optimize SOPs.
For details and response to questions, contact Yalai Bai or email@example.com.
Associate Professor of PathologyResearch Interests
- Central Nervous System
- Central Nervous System Diseases
- Embryonic Structures
- Hemic and Immune Systems
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Nervous System
- Nervous System Diseases
- Pathological Conditions, Signs and Symptoms
- Pluripotent Stem Cells
Research Assistant 1 MS; Technician