This ACGME accredited fellowship is one year of intensive training in all aspects of cytopathology in the Yale Cytopathology section of the Department of Pathology at Yale. The fellowship provides a wide spectrum of experiences including molecular applications to cytology specimens as well as more traditional training in FNA technique, QA and QI exposure, specimen triage, and preliminary interpretations.
- Competency in the morphologic criteria in all types of cytologic specimens and preparations
- Ability to incorporate molecular and other advanced diagnostic techniques into the practice of cytopathology
- Ability to make diagnoses and clinical recommendations on all types of cytologic specimens
- Understanding of both the capabilities and the limitations of assessment of a disease process by cytology
- Participation in review of both GYN and non-GYN material, and in the performance and analysis of fine needle aspirations
- Attendance and participation in teaching conferences related to cytopathology
- Personal research projects mentored by department faculty
Three years of training in anatomic pathology or four years combined anatomic and clinical pathology.
Stipends commensurate with hospital policy.
We have one position open for the 2023-2024 academic year. Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year will be reviewed using the ASC application guideline.
Adebowale Adeniran, MD
Director, Cytopathology Fellowship Program
Department of Pathology
Yale School of Medicine
P.O. Box 208023
New Haven, CT 06520-8023