Skip to Main Content


Sexual Misconduct Resources

Where to Get Help

Yale School of Medicine and Yale University strive to be a community free of sexual misconduct by promoting the essential values of respect and responsibility, providing education, and working with students, faculty, and staff. Our goal is a community that is safe and supportive for all.

Yale takes all complaints and accusations of sexual misconduct seriously.

If you or a colleague would like assistance with an issue of sexual misconduct at the School of Medicine, please contact one of the school's Title IX coordinators.

If you need to someone confidentially, you may contact Sexual Harassment and Assault Response & Education Center (SHARE) at 203-432-2000.

The University-Wide Committee on Sexual Misconduct is a source of information and responds to formal complaints. Interns and residents employed by Yale New Haven Hospital and other affiliates have additional options explained on this website.


If you are a student and have been subject to sexual misconduct of any kind—or if you simply have questions or concerns—you may contact SHARE or call 203-432-2000. SHARE has counselors available to talk to students or meet with them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition, SHARE offers guidance on what to do in an emergency and how to respond to unwanted sexual behavior.

Anyone in the community who is uncertain of his or her options, or simply needs help, may call the SHARE Center at (203) 432-2000. If you are in an emergency or immediate danger, call 911 or the Yale Police Department at 203-432-4400.

Resources for Everyone

In addition, if you are:

You may contact:

Yale student

Yale faculty, staff, or trainee employed by the University

Intern, resident, or fellow employed by Yale-New Haven Hospital

  • Your supervisor or department head

  • The YNHH Employee Relations Office at 203.688.2402

  • The YNHH House Staff Office at 203.688.2259

Questions regarding Title IX

Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the university’s Title IX coordinator, Elizabeth Conklin, at 203-432-7241 or at, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617-289-0111, Fax: 617-289-0150, TDD: 800-877-8339, or email:

Information regarding how to file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services