YSM and YSPH Digital Signage
About Digital Signage
YSM Digital Signage is an application specifically designed for large, interactive touch screens located in public areas around the medical campus. "Attract" screens provide engaging, relevant and witty content to bring users to the screens. They can then easily get the latest weather, shuttle updates, events, news, video, and find people around campus.
In partnership with Yale ITS Audio/Visual Systems, purchasing and installation is centrally managed, and the screens are remotely monitored to ensure up time. Purchased by departments through our ITS partners, the screens are easily customized to pull department-specific content through Beatrix, the school’s people, news, events, and profile system. Simple to use modules include:
- Weather: real-time local weather and forecasts. (automatically updated via a weather API)
- Yale Shuttle Map: a real-time display of Yale buses. (managed by Yale Transit)
- Calendar: an event calendar from the school’s event calendaring system. (managed through the Beatrix event calendar and customizable by organization)
- People: an integration with the school’s profile system, that allows users to search for people or see lists of people alphabetically, by location or by organization. (managed through Beatrix's events module)
- News: news listing and articles from the school’s news system. (managed through Beatrix’s news module)
- Video: an aggregate of video from school websites. (managed via Tridion and Beatrix’s media library)
- International Activity: an integration with the school’s profile system that displays a map of faculty activity from around the world. Users can view by world, continent and country. (managed through Beatrix)
There are five potential cost components to digital signage, which must be purchased through our partnership with ITS A/V:
|Touch Screen||Interactive display screens are available in several sizes from 50" to 65". We install only 4k Ultra HD touch screens, and most organizations choose the mid-range 58" screen. Smaller screens are available if necessary for your space.||50": $3,440
|Computer||The system uses a Rise Vision player to display digital signage on the touch screens.||$650||Yes|
|Power||Power must be available at the installation point for the screen/computer, typically 60” above the ground.||Approximately $800||Optional if already installed|
|Network||An ethernet connection must also be available at the installation point.||Approximately $1600||Optional if already installed|
|Installation||Installation for the screen mount, touch screen monitor, and computer||$500||Yes|
Once you select your screen size, please contact our office at email@example.com with your organization’s COA to order signage. We will connect you with our partners at ITS to purchase the equipment and organize installation.
Training and Support
YSM Digital Signage is fully supported by the Office of Communications. Our team provides training and support to the staff managing content on the screens, works to fix any bugs identified in the application, and continues to make enhancements and updates to the signage application.