Beatrix Launch Planning
Beatrix is a custom-built dynamic content management system created by the School of Medicine’s Office of Communications, but available to everyone at Yale University. It encompasses news, events, faculty CVs, people profiles, multimedia, and clinical trials and displays them on our websites. It is the data backbone for all YSM, YSPH, YM, and other Yale websites.
The system is named for a groundbreaking alumna, Beatrix McCleary Hamburg, MD ‘48. Dr. Hamburg, the first Black woman to graduate from YSM, was a trailblazing researcher and physician.
Part of the overall mission of the new system is to foster collaboration among the school’s faculty, helping them to more easily find each other’s research and make new discoveries together. Our hope is to further highlight Dr. Hamburg’s legacy to the more than 12,000 faculty and staff who will use the system. We draw inspiration from her and envision this system to be an agent of change of which she would be proud.
Beatrix has significant improvements over the current system, many of which are invisible to the end user but provide better data structure that allows us to more quickly respond to new developments at the school.
Improvements you may notice:
- The home page is a dashboard, giving you quick access to items that need review.
- Publications for all faculty are automatically imported to their profile for approval, along with an improved CV building tool.
- The pages are responsive, so you can use a desktop, tablet, or phone to edit your information.
- The interface is significantly easier to use and more accessible, and you have access to more data than ever before.
What remained the same?
- Your news, profile, event, and multimedia content has all been migrated from the previous profile system. You don’t need to do anything.
- We are still using SDL Tridion to host the rest of the website content.
The Office of Communications will held several virtual training sessions for the new system in the weeks after launch. Videos are available for all sessions.
- The new system imports faculty (and staff) publications from Dimensions, a powerful dataset with more than 160 million publications.
- If you have publications to approve, Beatrix will send you an email asking you to approve or reject the publications to include on your profile.
- Approving or rejecting publications is simple, and you can even delegate approval to another Yale person.
See Tips & Tricks: Review Publications for Your Faculty Profile for a quick guide to managing your publications.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com. We have a series of workshops available to review the system functionality in detail.
Are there instructions on how to use the new system?
Yes! Please visit Beatrix Tips & Tricks.
Can I change a faculty title?
A common issue is faculty academic title changes. If you need a change, please contact Faculty Affairs.