The Global Environmental and Occupational Health Research and Training Hub for the Middle East and North Africa (GEOHealth-MENA program) focuses on environment and occupational health research and training. It aims at advancing the pace of scientific discovery in this field and training experts in EOH research..
The program offers sponsored training for:
- PhD (4+ years) for public health researchers interested in careers in environmental and occupational health research;
- Accepted candidates will have the opportunity to spend six months of research training at Yale University and the University of Iowa in the US
- Accepted candidates will receive a full-ride scholarship (tuition fees, stipend, health insurance, travel, other)
- Fellowship Training in Occupational and Environmental Medicine (2 years) for Medical Doctors who have completed a residency in primary care (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine)
- This program includes clinical training at the American University of Beirut Medical Center, in addition to a Master of Science in Epidemiology (with a focus on environmental and occupational health) at the American University of Beirut (AUB), Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS
- Fellows will spend three months of their training at Yale University and the University of Iowa for advanced and relevant research training.
- GEOHealth-MENA Fellowship Training is for Medical Doctors. Trainees will enroll in the MS program in Epidemiology and have clinical training at the American University of Beirut Medical Center.
GEOHealth-MENA Doctoral Training
Advanced degree training is offered through the well-established graduate programs in public health at the American University of Beirut Faculty of Health Sciences.