COVID Photo/Video Procedures
This page is continually updated to reflect current guidelines from the CDC, CT state, and Yale University. Last updated on July 27, 2020.
Before Your Shoot
- All employees must complete the required Return to Yale training before returning to campus.
- Lead admin approval must be obtained for every instance of an employee returning to campus.
- Before coming to campus, employees must check their symptoms and record them using the Daily Health Check.
- If you are feeling ill or if you’ve been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, please alert Kim Conner (firstname.lastname@example.org) for video or Allaire Bartel (email@example.com) for photography and DO NOT come in for the shoot.
- Your shoot date and number of subjects must be confirmed two weeks in advance.
- Day-of rescheduling is not permitted in order to minimize disruption to other subjects.
At Your Shoot
- Appropriate face coverings must be worn at all times with the exceptions of the duration of filming/photography for profile interviews, profile photos (headshots), and portraits. In these instances, your face covering may only be removed if you are a minimum of six feet from all other subjects and staff.
- A distance of six feet must be maintained at all times between staff and all participating subjects.
- The maximum number of people allowed on a shoot will comply with CDC and state guidelines. Per CT State, all private gatherings are limited to 25 people indoors and 100 people outdoors.
- When filming or photographing indoors, the space must be large enough to allow six feet between all staff and subjects.
Additional Information for Clinical Shoots
- Clinical shoots are not permitted in YNHH locations at this time. Alternative locations for clinically-themed shoots may be considered.
- The shoot must take place at a low patient volume time.
- If the photos/footage require interaction with a patient, the requesting party must supply a fake patient comfortable with this scenario.
Additional Information for Profile Interviews and PhotosThe term “studio” refers to room SHM L-207B or any other location chosen for the shoot, such as a conference room.
- Only one subject or visitor will be permitted to enter the studio at a time.
- Appropriate face coverings must be worn while entering/exiting the studio – you will be asked to remove your face mask only for the duration filming/photographing.
- Hand sanitizer must be used to disinfect hands upon entering the studio.
- Upon entering the studio, you will be directed to the appropriate location which will be spaced a minimum of six feet from the nearest staff member. For video interviews, the chair is disinfected after every interview.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the studio.
- For video interviews, if you are part of a vulnerable population (those above the age of 65, those with chronic health conditions, etc.) or otherwise feel uncomfortable removing your mask for the interview, please work with Kim Conner (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule your interview via Zoom instead.