Analytics Center of Excellence Services & Responsibilities
The YSM Analytics Center of Excellence supports data-driven decision-making at Yale School of Medicine. We are a collaborative partnership across the Dean’s office, health sciences information services, and academic departments. Our vision is to enable the right people to have secure access to the right information with the right tools at the right time. We aim to achieve this by providing efficient and trusted data collection systems, advanced analysis, focused metrics, and effective tools to inform decisions and continuous improvement.
On this page
Where can I get information about faculty statistics?
We provide technical guidance about central YSM administrative data sources and reports such as Workday, AAMC benchmarks and survey reports that support Medical School accreditation and faculty appointment administration.
Can you help me transition from older software? Can you help me develop analytics for my new project?
We enable successful adoption of new Microsoft data analytics tools that replace unsupported tools (Brio Query and Oracle Business Intelligence, in particular), which predate Workday.
Faculty Lifecycle Analytics
- Interfolio Faculty Search
- Request for Faculty Position (RFP)
- Office of Academic and Professional Development
- News and People Profile System
- Tableau Enterprise Server Portal (VPN and report security role required)
Contacts within YSM who can provide data and expert guidance.
|Academic Appointee Administration and YSM Faculty Support||Anna Maria Hummerstonefirstname.lastname@example.org||(203) 785-5200|
|Health Sciences Information Services||Maureen Velazquezemail@example.com||(203) 432-2171|
|YSM Academic Affairs||
Submit a Data Request
Submit a Data Request
Submit a new data request or question and we will reply within one business day.
- Data Management Plan ToolThe DMPTool is a free, open-source, online application that helps researchers create data management plans.
- Information Security Risk ClassificationThis page outlines the risk classification of commonly used services here at Yale. This indicates the risk level (high, moderate, low) of work allowed on the service.
- Information Security Data Classification GuidelineWe classify data as high, moderate, or low risk. This depends on the data's importance, sensitivity, and potential for misuse.
- Yale Administrative Reporting & Analytics Identifies, supports and administers tools in support of reporting and analytics. This service aims to assist our customers by conducting analysis necessary to satisfy specific business requirements.