Research & Publications
Dr. Cahill specializes in building and innovating Learning Healthcare Systems to support transformative clinical education, quality improvement and practice-based research. He has experience spanning EEG biomarker development and clinical trials; DevOps of healthcare informatics systems; as well as the design and leadership of clinical services.
John undertook medical school and PhD training in the UK. He completed psychiatry residency and clinical research fellowships at Yale; is board certified in Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine; and has experience in community psychiatry in both the US and UK. His work is founded on: respect for the patient and caregiver experience; offering minimum-necessary, effective treatments, in minimally-restrictive environments; and wholistic, pluralistic and complex systems thinking.
He serves as core faculty at the Yale Department of Psychiatry Residency Program and courtesy faculty at Yale School of Nursing.
Education & Training
- PhDUniversity of Huddersfield, Health Sciences (2018)
- Fellow in Psychotic Disorders/ Community PsychiatryYale University/ Connecticut Mental Health Center (2015)
- Fellow in Advanced PsychopharmacologyYale University/ West Haven VA (2014)
- Resident in PsychiatryYale University (2012)
- BMBSUniversity of Nottingham (2005)
- Board CertificationAB of Preventive Medicine, Addiction Medicine (Preventive Medicine) (2019)