Basmah Safdar MD, FACEP
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine; Co-Chair, Chest Pain Center
Departments & Organizations
Sex- and gender-specific research; Persistent chest pain physiology and patient-centered outcomes; Endothelial reactivity; Microvascular disease; Cardiac biomarkers; Coronary risk factors; Depression; Disparities; Chest pain in a multidimensional model. more...
- M.D., Aga Khan University, Pakistan, 1999
- M.Sc., Harvard University, 2013
- Safdar B, Nagurney JT, Anise A, DeVon H, D’Onofrio G, Hess EP, Hollander JE, Legato M, McGregor A, Scott J, Tewelde S, Diercks D (2014). Gender-Specific Research for Emergency Diagnosis and Management of Ischemic Heart Disease - Proceedings from the 2014 AEM Consensus Conference Cardiovascular Research Workgroup. Academic Emergency Medicine. Dec;21(12):1350-60.
- Safdar B, Stolz U, Stiell IG, Cone DC, Bobrow BJ, deBoehr M, Dreyer J, Maloney J, Spaite DW (2014). Differential Survival for Men and Women from Out-of-hospital Cardiac Arrest Varies by Age: Results from the OPALS Study. Academic Emergency Medicine. Dec;21(12):1503-1511.
- Safdar B, Greenberg MR (2014). Organization, Execution and Evaluation of the 2014 Academic Emergency Medicine Consensus Conference on Gender-Specific Research in Emergency Care – An Executive Summary. Academic Emergency Medicine; Dec;21(12):1307-17.