Research & Publications
Dr. Insoo Kang is Associate Professor of Medicine (Rheumatology) at Yale University School of Medicine. He completed his post-graduate training in rheumatology and at Yale. He has been on the faculty at Yale School of Medicine since 1999. He is a physician scientist with a research interest in understanding the human immune system using biological samples and clinical data. In particular, Dr. Kang has defined subsets of T cells with distinct cellular characteristics based on the expression of cytokine receptors on T cells in health and disease as well as the interactions of such cell subsets with monocytes and other immune cells.
Education & Training
- MDHallym University (1990)
- FellowYale University School of Medicine
- ResidentHospital of Saint Raphael
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology (1996, recertified: 2016)
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine (1994, recertified: 2014)
- Connective Tissue DiseaseSouth Korea 2008Dr. Insoo Kang is collaborating with Section of Rheumatology at Catholic University of Korea on T-cell immunity in connective tissue diseases.