Yale Visiting Elective Scholarship Program to Enhance Healthcare Workforce Diversity in Neurology
The Yale School of Medicine Department of Neurology is delighted to offer a visiting program during the 2022-23 academic year, aiming to enhance healthcare workforce diversity in Neurology. This program offers an opportunity for eligible students to spend four weeks in a Neurology elective at Yale New Haven Hospital's York Street Campus.
Students are offered a choice of elective experiences in general inpatient neurology or the inpatient neurology consult service.
The visiting student electives available for this program are listed on the AAMC Visiting Student Application System (VSAS) website in the 2022-23 catalog. Each elective is four weeks in duration. For detailed elective descriptions of the neurology electives, please visit Yale School of Medicine/MD Program/Visiting Student Electives. Note: Only the Neurology Consult Service and Neurology Ward Service Electives are available to visiting students.
If you are interested in applying, we recommend you select both Neurology electives when submitting your VSAS application.
There are three steps to apply for the scholarship:
- Submit your VSAS application
- Review eligibility to confirm you are eligible and then submit Yale’s Visiting Student Scholarship Program Application
- Email Jeffrey Dewey, MD, MHS, Director of Electives in Neurology (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Donna Cartwright, Neurology Clerkship and Elective Registrar (email@example.com) with the following:
- Confirmation that you have submitted your VSAS application to the Yale School of Medicine, Neurology Elective (please specify which electives applied to, e.g. general neurology, consult, etc.)
- A copy of your curriculum vitae
- A letter of intent describing your interest in neurology and goals for the rotation
NOTE: All students will be notified by email about the status of their application to the program. All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis by a committee using holistic criteria.
Please visit the Visiting Student Scholarship Program page to learn more about the scholarship, eligibility, and the application process.