- Postdoctoral Position
- Clinical Research Nurse Manager
General Summary/Overview Statement
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a background in medical, biological or data sciences to perform cutting-edge research utilizing clinical, physiological, genetic, and imaging data assembled from human subjects with stroke or acute brain injury. There are also opportunities to design or analyze trial data. Receiving general direction from one of the Division of Neurocritical Care & Emergency Neurology faculty members, and working in close collaboration with several investigators from across Yale and other institutions in the US, the incumbent will advance research work focused on acute brain injuries, including ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, with a focus on clinical trial design and execution, physiological monitoring, neuroimaging analyses, and population genetics.
Visa sponsorship for non-US applicants is possible.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- MD, PhD, ScD, DrPH, MPH, or MSc (required)
- Proven experience in multitasking various assigned scientific/research projects (required)
- Training in Epidemiology and/or Biostatistics (preferred)
- Time Management: Exceptional organizational skills and ability to organize time and priorities effectively, asking for direction when appropriate. Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to conceptualize and conduct complex analysis of research data.
- Capacity for independent work.
- Critical Thinking/Decision Making: Ability to appropriately evaluate all aspects of a situation and to independently make appropriate and timely decisions.
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a good command of the English language, including medical and scientific terminology.
- Information Systems/Technology Skills: Exceptional computer skills, inclusive of operating systems, Word processing, databases electronic mail, internet, and spreadsheets.
- Experience with statistical and programming software such as R, MatLab, SQL, Stata (preferred).
Please send CV and three professional references to:
Kevin N. Sheth, MD
15 York Street
New Haven, CT 06520