The mission of our medical Neuro-Oncology Fellowship program is to provide excellence in Neuro-Oncology teaching. By exposing the fellows to a multidisciplinary team of brain tumor specialists, we aim to contribute the finest physicians to the next generation of neuro-oncologists. We offer a 1-2 year program during which our fellows experience the entire spectrum of clinical Neuro-Oncology, multidisciplinary teaching sessions, clinical trials and basic research.
Yale is a member of a consortium of Neuro-Oncology fellowship training programs in which a matching plan is utilized. This is the San Francisco Match for Neuro-Oncology. In order to apply to our fellowship, applicants should register through the San Francisco match website and then email their application to us directly (email@example.com, Program Coordinator).
Some of the items listed on the San Francisco match website include:
- Program ID: 5237
- Length of training: 2 Year
- Amount due: $0
- Type of Training: Clinical Only
- Program Name: Yale School of Medicine, Department of Neurology, Medical Neuro-Oncology Fellowship Program
- Specialty: Neuro-Oncology Fellowship
- Subspeciality: N/A
- Current Status: Active
- SF Match 415-447-0350 h
The application should include the following documents:
- A cover letter that summarizes candidate’s qualifications (completion of neurology residency, ECFGM certificate if applicable).
- A letter of good standing
- A personal statement explaining the candidate's interest in Neuro-Oncology and her/his future career goals, including their research interests.
- A curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation, addressed to Dr. Joachim Baehring, the Fellowship Director.
Joachim M. Baehring, MD, DSc
Yale School of Medicine
Department of Neurology, Division of Neuro-Oncology
P.O. Box 208028
New Haven, CT 06520-8018
Living in New Haven
One of the best kept secrets of our fellows' experience at Yale is life in New Haven, a major cultural, scientific, and academic hub located between Boston and New York. Wondering what life is like in Elm City? Check out these resources: