Wenyi Luo, MD, PhD
Research & Publications
Wenyi Luo, MD, PhD, is an Assistant Professor of Pathology specializing in Anatomic Pathology and GI Pathology. Dr. Luo came to Yale Pathology from the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC), where he served as Assistant Professor and General Surgical Pathologist in the Department of Pathology. At OUHSC, he also served as Director of the Immunohistochemistry Lab, Director of Resident Surgical Pathology Rotation, and was a member of the OU Health Stephenson Cancer Center.
Dr. Luo earned a Bachelor of Medicine and a Master of Medicine at Peking University Health Science Center, China, and a PhD in Genetics at the University of Alabama Birmingham (UAB). He served as a Resident at Peking University Health Science Center, was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at UAB, an AP/CP Resident at OUHSC, and completed a Surgical Pathology Fellowship and a Gastrointestinal Pathology Fellowship, both at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. Dr. Luo is board certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology.
Education & Training
- Surgical Pathology FellowshipUniversity of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (2023)
- Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology FellowshipUniversity of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (2023)
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency, ChiefUniversity of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (2017)
- Postdoctoral Research FellowUniversity of Alabama at Birmingham (2013)
- PhDUniversity of Alabama at Birmingham, Genetics (2010)
- MDPeking University Health Science Center (2004)
- Board CertificationAB of Pathology, Anatomic Pathology (2017)
Departments & Organizations
- Anatomic Pathology
- Yale Medicine