Transfer of Track


The faculty member applying for a transfer of track must send a written request for a transfer of track to the Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs. If granted, the department may proceed, following the usual reappointment process.


  • No transfer of track at the rank of associate professor will be permitted within two years of the expiration of an appointment.
  • Transfers from the rank of assistant professor in the Clinician-Educator Track can be made at any time during the term.
  • Transfer to the Traditional Track is permitted only for faculty who have served at the ranks of assistant professor and associate professor for less than a total of ten years.
  • When transferring to the Investigator Track, the years served as an Associate Professor prior to the transfer are considered in the total number of years served as Associate Professor.