Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply?
Yale University students from all disciplines are eligible and encouraged to apply. Participants must be enrolled at Yale during the entire duration of the fellowship program.
- What is the deadline to submit my application?
- Applications will be due on February 13th at 9 A.M. EST.
- When can I expect to be interviewed?
- Initial interviews with YIGH will occur from February 24th – March 1st. After an interview with YIGH, candidates should also expect to be interviewed by hosting agencies to determine final placements.
- What is the time commitment required of participants?
- Participants will be required to commit to a period of approximately 3 months, starting in June and lasting through August of 2023.
- Will placements be remote or in-person?
- Placements will be a mix of in-person and hybrid work arrangements.
- Is there funding support to participate in this program?
- In partnership with the Global Health Studies Program and the YSPH Office of Career Services, YIGH will support costs for the program including travel, lodging, and other expenses. Each Fellow will prepare a budget to support their summer placement.
- What support can we expect from YIGH?
- YIGH will also provide logistical support for the internship placement, including pairing students with host organizations. In addition, to prepare for the internship Fellows will participate in a two-day, in-person orientation focused on building relationships within the group, learning about the institutional landscape in global health, and discussing key concepts of professional integrity and leadership. Throughout the summer, Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in consultations to reflect on their experience and receive support from the program. The program concludes in the early fall with a final gathering to share reflections on leadership, their experiences, and lessons learned.
- What support can we expect from our placement organizations?
- Fellows can expect high-quality professional mentoring and support from their host organizations.
- Any other questions should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject heading YIGH Leadership in Global Health Fellowship.