- The Parasitology Department within NMIMR: PCR and DNA sequencing, parasitological analyses of urine, stool and blood (including clinical chemistry), laboratory cultures of Plasmodium falciparum 3D7 strain and Leishmania species, fully equipped entomology laboratory and insectaries.
- Through collaboration with the Ghana Health Service, NMIMR maintains 10 active field research stations throughout the country. The technical staff have extensive experience conducting field studies on malaria, leishmania and helminth infections.
- The Institute also houses the administrative buildings for the West African Centre for International Parasite Control (WACIPAC), the Lymphatic Filariasis Support Centre for Africa (LFSCA), and a Health Support Centre for HIV/AIDS counselling and training.
- Active collaborative research and training experiences through a variety of international partners, including GYPGH, University of Michigan, University of Denmark among others.
- GYPGH has sponsored 25 students, faculty and staff from Ghana to spend up to two months at Yale, where they participate in the annual Summer Research Institute and receive intensive mentorship at various Yale labs.
- Clinical outcomes and adverse effects of Dolutegravir based treatment regimens for persons living with HIV.
- Disclosure of HIV status to children and adolescents (Sankofa 2 study).
- Correlation between intracellular levels of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and suppression of HIV 1 and Hepatitis B infections.
Professor Adjunct in Pediatrics; Affiliated Faculty, Yale Institute for Global Health; Professor of Pediatrics (Infectious Diseases), Pediatrics; Professor, Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases; Professor of Pharmacology, Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology; Professor of Management, School of Management