Research & Publications
Dr. Donohue specializes in the entire spectrum of shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand disorders with a special interest in rotator cuff repair, shoulder replacement, upper extremity trauma, and complex conditions of the hand, wrist and elbow. He is one of only a few surgeons nationwide to have completed two separate clinical fellowships in upper extremity surgery. He performs minimally invasive procedures, and uses state-of-the-art arthroscopic techniques. Dr. Donohue enjoys caring for athletes of all levels and employs nonoperative treatment whenever possible.
Dr. Donohue has authored multiple book chapters and journal articles on topics ranging from the treatment of wrist fractures in athletes to patient-specific shoulder and elbow replacement. His research has been presented nationally and internationally and has been published in leading orthopaedic journals including The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.
Dr. Donohue graduated from Georgetown University School of Medicine. He completed his orthopaedic residency at Drexel University followed by two fellowships in upper extremity surgery: a shoulder & elbow fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic and a hand surgery fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine. After his fellowships, he traveled to the Mayo Clinic to gain additional experience in advanced elbow surgery.
Dr. Donohue is an assistant professor of hand and upper extremity surgery at Yale School of Medicine and a member of the full-time clinical faculty in the Department of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation.
Education & Training
- MDGeorgetown University School of Medicine (2009)
- MSGeorgetown University, Physiology (2005)
- BSThe College of William & Mary, Biology (2004)
- Visiting ClinicianThe Mayo Clinic
- FellowThe Cleveland Clinic
- FellowBaylor College of Medicine
- ResidentDrexel University College of Medicine
- Board CertificationAB of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery (2018)
- Westchester Hand and Wrist Trauma ForumValhalla, United States 2018Invited Speaker. Topic: Complex Cases in Wrist and Elbow Trauma
- Drexel Orthopaedic Surgery 16th Annual Research DayPhiladelphia, United States 2018Invited Panel Member: Surgical Management of Shoulder Instability
- Phoenix Society Shoulder & Elbow Meeting 2017Avalon, United States 2017Symposium: Challenging Cases in Elbow Trauma and Revision Arthroplasty
- AAOS 2017 Annual MeetingSan Diego, United States 2017Podium Presentation: The Association Between Rotator Cuff Muscle Fatty Infiltration and Glenoid Morphology in Glenohumeral Osteoarthritis
- Narakas International SymposiumBarcelona, Spain 2016Podium Presentation: Comparison of Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging for the Diagnosis of Glenohumeral Dysplasia in Brachial Plexus Birth Palsy.
- Baylor College of Medicine 2015 Scientific ProgramHouston, United States 2015Podium Presentation: Chronic Elbow Dislocations – Evaluation & Management
- AAOS 2015 Annual MeetingLas Vegas, United States 2015Podium Presentation: Comparison of Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging for the Diagnosis of Glenohumeral Dysplasia in Brachial Plexus Birth Palsy.