Challenge 3: Testing and Distributing a Vaccine
- I can identify testing parameters for a vaccine.
- I can prioritize factors to consider for vaccine distribution.
Estimated Time: 60 minutes
Activity 1 - Implementing a vaccination program
Brainstorm & Discuss
- What parameters of a coronavirus vaccine should be tested?
- How could these parameters be tested?
“COVID-19 vaccine makers seek diversity in clinical trials in Connecticut and elsewhere”
- Based on your review of the FDA guidelines and understanding of diversity in clinical trials, modify your brainstormed list of parameters.
Activity 2 - Distribution Decisions
Answer & Discuss:
- What factors need to be considered when planning for the distribution of a vaccine? Prioritize the factors you identified.
- Should people who are the most vulnerable to contracting COVID-19 be given priority for vaccination? Consider the elderly in nursing homes, the incarcerated, and the undocumented. Cite 3 sources that support your claim.