Challenge 2: How can we transition from “What We Feel” to “How We Cope”?
- I can model the process of emotion contagion to explain how it works.
- I can give examples of specific effects of emotion contagion occurring during the pandemic.
- I can explain “self-disclosure” and predict its possible benefits for coping in challenging situations.
Time Required: 45-60 minutes
Reflect & Discuss
- Research has shown that high smartphone use is related to more loneliness when it is passive scrolling, but less loneliness when one engages with others.
- You also read research about what makes happy and unhappy days. Discuss how you can apply this research.
- Get together with a friend and share ideas for how to cope with the pandemic challenge.