Challenge 5: Review & Reflect
Based on the information you learned in Module 1, which is an example of a pandemic? (Select all that apply)
- 1918, H1N1 virus (“Spanish Flu”)
- 1957 H2N2 virus (“Asian Flu”)
- 2009, H1N1 virus (“Swine Flu”)
- 2019, coronavirus (“COVID-19”)
- Visit Medline Plus. Find “Health Topics,” and locate “Coronavirus Infections.” Which institutions or websites are listed to get more information on this topic?
- Use one of the resources above provided by Medline Plus (CDC or NIH). Write down on piece of information you learned about how COVID-19 is spread:
Reflect & Discuss
This about scale and geography. What is unique about a pandemic?