Challenge 5: Should I Get a Haircut?
- I can assess the risk of contracting COVID-19 to determine whether or not I will participate in a particular activity.
Time Required: 45-60 minutes
The story continues...
June’s 16th birthday is next week. She’s wondering how she can celebrate and be safe. June asked her friends, “Will I get the coronavirus if I get a haircut, go to the bakery, or play basketball with my friends?
Review, Reflect, & Discuss
- Review the 2 infographics.
- Find an activity on one of the infographics that you would like to take part in.
- Make a claim as to whether it is safe or not for you to participate in that activity.
- How do you know? What evidence do you have to support your claim?
- Identify at least 2 more activities, then repeat the process.
- In some cases the need to participate in an activity may outweigh the risk, like going to the doctor or emergency room. Use claim, evidence and reasoning for this, too.