Challenge 3: Why Should I Wear a Mask?
- I can formulate a claim about wearing masks based on evidence.
Time Required: 45-60 minutes
Reflect and Respond
- Summarize the benefits of wearing a mask.
- Who does wearing a face mask benefit the most?
- What evidence has been collected to support wearing masks?
- What are the reasons that someone would refuse to wear a mask?
- What factors may have contributed to people choosing not to wear masks?
- Explain the importance of using updated scientific knowledge to make decisions. Give an example in another area of your life where using updated scientific knowledge has been helpful.
Compose a letter to someone you know, classmate, friend, or family member, convincing them to wear a face mask in public settings.