Challenge 2: Designing Vaccines
- I can explain how vaccines work.
- I can compare and contrast different approaches to vaccine development.
Activity 1: Find out about vaccines
Watch 2 videos
Construct a Table, Present, & Discuss
- Compare and contrast the eight types of approaches to creating a vaccine for SARS-CoV2.
- Since April 2020, what progress has been made in development, production, and distribution of a vaccine for SARS-CoV2?
Reflect & Answer/Discuss
- How do vaccines generate memory in the immune system?
- How do vaccines usually avoid making us sick?
- What components of COVID-19 would make a good vaccine?
- What are the different types of vaccines? Which one would work best for COVID-19?