Challenge 4: What have states done to successfully combat the virus?
- I can describe the power and limitations the states have in responding to COVID-19.
- I can compare how the federal, state, and local government agencies have responded to COVID-19 and use evidence to demonstrate successful strategies used to contain the virus.
Estimated Time: 30 minutes
- "'From worst to first': These states have tamed coronavirus, even after reopening. Here's how they're doing it, and why they can't let up.”
- “Connecticut’s Success in Battling COVID-19,” July 2020
Find out & Discuss
- What are some of the steps Connecticut public health system leaders and residents of the state took to tame the virus from February to July 2020? Use 3 sources of evidence to support your claim.
- Name 3 steps the federal government took that either has helped or hindered the State of Connecticut to fight the virus. Use 3 sources of evidence to support your claim.
- Provide an update on Connecticut’s coronavirus status. Since July 2020, has the number of coronavirus cases gone up, down, or approximately stayed the same? Use 3 sources of evidence to support your claim.