Research & Publications
I joined Yale New Haven hospital as a staff member in 2001 as a part of large oncology practice in greater New Haven area
I was able to develop a very busy practice fairly quickly and feel that our practice in Guilford with expansion into Old Saybrook is one of the busiest on the shoreline. We follow national and hospital quality guidelines and we provide state of the art oncology care at the shoreline.
I have had the honor and responsibility of working as the Medical Director of our office in Guilford and have maintained my position as it transitioned to Yale Smilow Guilford in 2012. As a result of great patient care development, quality of care and provision of state of the art cancer care here we have been able to expand our services with increased surgical and radiology services and by opening another office in Old Saybrook.
We have worked together with Radiation Oncology on development of a busy Breast Cancer program with Radiation Oncology, breast surgery and breast radiology.
We have worked together on a number of studies here and are part of Clinical Research Working Group (CRWG) bringing research to the Smilow care centers.
I also attend and contribute to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for Oncology protocols and have been actively participating since 2012. I have placed a number of patients on practice changing clinical trials resulting in presentations, papers and abstracts.
I am also honored to represent Yale University/Smilow Cancer Center in the hematopoietic panel of NCCN. I previously was also on the NCCN Panel of Neuroendocrine Tumors.
I usually have a Yale Medical student with me as a part of their clerkship rotations (3-4 months per year since 2001). I also participate in the LCE program of Yale MD and PA students who spend one day a week at my office for about nine months in a year. I have mentored students on their career development and also projects or papers resulting in presentations. I also participate in the annual oncology workshop run by Dr. Michael Di Giovanna for first year medical students.
I have taken an active part in the Yale Quality program and in association with Dr. Anne Chiang and Dr. Kerin Adelson. In November of 2018 I presented our Goals of Care quality project at American Society of Clinical Oncology Palliative Care symposium in San Diego, CA.
I am also working closely with the Survivorship program and Breast cancer related Nutrition and Exercise related trials under the direction of Dr Tara Sanft.
We also are collaborating with Smoking cessation program and Yale palliative care program at the care center.
Education & Training
- FellowshipNorth Shore University Hospital- Cornell University Medical Center (1995)
- MDKing Edward Medical College (1984)
- Cancer Detection with Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (DBT) Compared with Conventional Digital Mammography in Routine Breast Cancer ScreeningChicago, IL, United States 2017Cancer Detection with Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (DBT) Compared with Conventional Digital Mammography in Routine Breast Cancer Screening
- Symposium: Diagnosis and treatment of Oral cavity and Head & Neck tumors: Advances in Chemotherapy for Head and Neck cancerNew Haven, CT, United States 2005Symposium: Diagnosis and treatment of Oral cavity and Head & Neck tumors: Advances in Chemotherapy for Head and Neck cancer
- Detection of occult lymphoma in bone marrow and peripheral blood of patients with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma presenting for bone marrow transplantationNashville, TN, United States 1994Detection of occult lymphoma in bone marrow and peripheral blood of patients with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma presenting for bone marrow transplantation
Honors & Recognition
|Trainee Investigator Award||American Federation of Clinical Research||1995|
|American Society of Clinical Oncology Merit Award||American Society of Clinical Oncology||1994|
|Department of Medicine Award for Scholarly Activity||North Shore University Hospital, Cornell University||1994|
|National Comprehensive Cancer Network Panel for Hematopoietic growth factors, National Comprehensive Cancer Network||Member||2018 - Present|
|National Comprehensive Cancer Network Panel for Neuroendocrine Cancer, National Comprehensive Cancer Network||Member||2015 - 2017|
|Institutional Review Board||Board Member||2012 - Present|
|Clinical Research Working Group (CRWG)||Member||2012 - Present|
|American College of Physicians||Fellow||2006 - Present|
|American Society of Clinical Oncology||Member||1995 - Present|
|American Society of Hematology||Member||1995 - Present|