Research & Publications
Laura J. Morrison, MD, FAAHPM, FACP is Associate Professor of Medicine at Yale School of Medicine and an attending physician on the Yale-New Haven Hospital Palliative Care Consultation Service. She serves as Director of Palliative Medicine Education and Program Director for the Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship at Yale.
Dr. Morrison received her medical degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, where she also completed her internship, residency, and chief residency in internal medicine at MetroHealth Medical Center. She completed fellowship training in geriatrics and palliative care at Baylor College of Medicine and spent 9 years on faculty, serving as Education Director for the Supportive and Palliative Consultation Service at Houston Methodist Hospital from 2006-2013. She is board-certified in internal medicine, geriatrics, and hospice and palliative medicine.
Dr. Morrison has witnessed significant gaps in palliative care training for all clinicians and has become a passionate local and national educational leader. She aims to improve local palliative care training for health professional learners across disciplines and learner levels. Dr. Morrison continues to contribute to national work on competencies, milestones, and accreditation standards for hospice and palliative medicine fellowship training and advances in the approach to learner assessment in the field.
Education & Training
- MDCase Western Reserve University School of Medicine (1997)
- FellowshipBaylor College of Medicine
- ResidencyMetroHealth Medical Center/Case Western Reserve University
- InternshipMetroHealth Medical Center/Case Western Reserve University
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine (2000, recertified: 2010)
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine (2003, recertified: 2013)
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Hospice & Palliative Medicine (2010, recertified: 2010)