Research & Publications
Dr. Barry is a clinical psychologist and Associate Professor in the Psychiatry Department and Child Study Center at Yale School of Medicine. His research is aimed at:
- Developing and evaluating treatments for co-occurring opioid use disorder and chronic pain and
- Examining the role of sociocultural factors in the occurrence and treatment of pain and addiction.
Dr. Barry is the Associate Editor of the Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. He is also the the Director of Pain Treatment Services at the APT Foundation, a multidisciplinary clinical research unit that focuses on the study of co-occurring chronic pain and opioid use disorder.
Education & Training
- PhDUniversity of Toledo (2000)
- MAUniversity of Toledo (1996)
- Postdoctoral Fellow in PsychologyYale University School of Medicine
- Predoctoral Fellow in PsychologyYale Psychiatric Institute