Dr. Weimer is board certified in Internal Medicine and Addiction Medicine and has a clinical and research focus on expanding access to treatment for patients with opioid and alcohol use disorders, particularly in the hospital setting. She also has fellowship training and years of experience in the management of complex pain, particularly for patients with concomitant opioid use disorders.
Dr. Weimer worked with colleagues and community partners to create one of the nation's first hospital-based models to initiate addiction treatment while patients are hospitalized from a complication of their substance use at Oregon Health & Science University. Dr. Weimer has worked tirelessly on a state and national level to improve access to evidence based treatments for patients with substance use disorder. As an experienced educator, she has taught medical providers about substance use disorders and how to safely and effectively prescribe opioids and manage pain in the outpatient and inpatient setting.
Education & Training
- DOVirginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (2007)
- FellowshipOregon Health & Science University
- ResidencyOregon Health & Science University
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine (2010)
- Board CertificationAB of Preventive Medicine, Addiction Medicine (2018)