Lynelle Schneeberg, PsyD
Dr. Schneeberg is an Assistant Professor within the Department of Psychiatry at the Yale School of Medicine and a member of the Medical Staff at Yale New Haven Hospital. She completed her internship at the West Haven VA Medical Center and specialized in behavioral medicine. She completed her residency at Gaylord Specialty Healthcare, providing evaluation and treatment to inpatients and outpatients who had spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, stroke and so on.
She went on to develop an interest in Sleep Medicine and became board-certified in this field. As a Fellow of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, she now treats behavioral sleep disorders in children, adolescents and adults. Her book, Become Your Child's Sleep Coach: The Bedtime Doctor's 5-Step Guide, Ages 3-10, teaches parents how to help their preschool- and elementary school-aged children become great sleepers.
Dr. Schneeberg treats patients with sleep difficulties at the Yale Centers for Sleep Medicine. Her specialty areas include insomnia, narcolepsy, circadian sleep disorders and pediatric sleep issues such as behavioral insomnia of childhood. She also provides clinical and didactic training in behavioral sleep medicine to Sleep Medicine and Psychology Fellows.
Education & Training
- Psychology ResidentGaylord Hospital and Specialty Healthcare (1994)
- PsyDUniversity of Denver, Clinical Psychology (1993)
- Psychology InternWest Haven VA Medical Center (1993)
- BATexas A&M University, English Literature (1981)
- Board CertificationAB of Sleep Medicine, Clinical Sleep Disorders (2005)
- Helping Children Sleep Well: At Home and in the Sleep LabSt. Louis, MO, United States 2019Helping Children Sleep Well: At Home and in the Sleep Lab
Honors & Recognition
|Distinguished Faculty Outstanding Supervisor Award||Psychology Section, Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine||2018|