Alan Friedman, MD
Professor of Pediatrics (Cardiology); Chief Medical Officer, Yale New Haven Hospital, Pediatrics
Research & Publications
Dr. Friedman serves as the Chief Medical Officer for the Yale New Haven Hospital.
Dr. Friedman's clinical interests are primarily in the diagnosis and management of children with congenital heart disease. He has a clinical practice at the Yale New Haven Children's Hospital.
He has been a member of the medical staff since 1994.
Education & Training
- FellowYale University, New Haven, CT (1994)
- Chief ResidentChildren's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, (1991)
- ResidentChildren's Memorial Hospital- Northwestern University, Chicago IL (1990)
- InternChildren's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, (1988)
- MDWayne State University (1987)
Honors & Recognition
|Normal J. Siegel Award||Department of Pediatrics||2019|
|Paul Harris Fellowship||Rotary International Foundation||1998|
|Howard A. Pearson Pediatric Faculty Teaching Award||1997|
|Outstanding Fellow Teaching Award||1992|
Departments & Organizations
- Children’s Heart Center
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Echocardiogram Program
- Yale Medicine
- Yale Ventures