Research & Publications
Dr. Tinaz attended medical school at the University of Istanbul Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey. As a clinical research fellow at the Behavioral Neurology and Movement Disorders Division at the Department of Neurology, Istanbul University, she was an associate investigator and member of the clinical team of the first epidemiological study on Alzheimer's disease in Turkey. Building on her extensive experience in cognitive and behavioral neurology, she expanded her skills to include neuroimaging as a graduate student of the Program in Neuroscience and Cognitive Neuroimaging Laboratory at Boston University. She completed her residency training in Neurology at the Boston University Medical Center. During her fellowship in the Human Motor Control Section at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, she was involved in the clinical evaluation and care of patients with the full spectrum of movement disorders including Parkinson's disease, dystonia, Tourette's syndrome, essential tremor, and psychogenic movement disorders. She was also the lead investigator of several multimodal neuroimaging projects using functional and structural MRI, and Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy. She investigated the resting-state functional connectivity changes in large-scale neural networks and their clinical implications in Tourette's syndrome and Parkinson's disease.
Dr. Tinaz is a board-certified neurologist and treats patients with various movement disorders with a particular interest in Parkinson's disease. She also conducts multimodal neuroimaging research in movement disorders.
Education & Training
- PhDBoston University Program in Neuroscience (2007)
- MDIstanbul University Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine (1998)
- FellowshipNational Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Human Motor Control Section
- ResidencyBoston University Medical Center
- InternshipAlbert Einstein College of Medicine Montefiore Medical Center
- FellowshipDepartment of Neurology, Behavioral Neurology and Movement Disorders Division, Istanbul University
- Board CertificationAB of Psychiatry & Neurology, Neurology (2010)
Honors & Recognition
|NINDS Intramural Competitive Fellowship Award||National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke||2012|