Samit Joshi, DO, MPH
Assistant Clinical Professor
Research & Publications
Dr. Joshi completed his clinical training at the Yale School of Medicine (Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases) after which his postdoctoral translational research focused on: 1) innate immunosenescence in context of HIV-1 infection and 2) the relationship between the oral microbiome and health-care associated pneumonia.
His ongoing clinical activities as a Clinical Instructor at the Yale School of Medicine / VAMC (West Haven) and a Consultant at Waterbury Hospital continue to complement his research and developmental interests in Infectious Diseases and Immunology.
Education & Training
- Postdoctoral FellowYale School of Medicine (2012)
- FellowYale School of Medicine (2011)
- ResidentYale School of Medicine (2008)
- MPHDes Moines University (2005)
- DODes Moines University - Osteopathic Medical Center (2005)
- BAUniversity of Minnesota (2001)
Honors & Recognition
|Annual Meeting Travel Award and Special Citation for Oral Abstract||Infectious Diseases Society of America||2011|
|John W. Brackett Award for Resident Teacher||Yale Primary Care Residency Program||2008|
|Physician Scholar in International Health||Yale School of Medicine / Johnson & Johnson||2007|