Martin Plavec, MD, FACC
Martin Plavec, MD, is a cardiovascular medicine and cardiac imaging specialist and says working with patients and fellow physicians is the best part of his job.
“I really enjoy daily contact with my patients. I love being part of a great team that can provide outstanding comprehensive cardiac care for all our patients,” Dr. Plavec says. “Cardiology provides me with opportunity of direct patient care, where I can utilize different noninvasive diagnostic tools, and focus on prevention as well as treating life-threatening conditions.”
Dr. Plavec says he especially appreciates the inpatient consultative service, which treats patients with acute cardiac problems. “It is very rewarding to see patients leaving the hospital,” he says, adding that he realizes how cardiac problems can cause anxiety, fear, or depression. “We are here to treat the underlying problem but also support patients, reassure them, and guide them through this difficult process. We are also here to help patients prevent problems before they occur.”
Dr. Plavec specializes in preventive cardiology, echocardiography, cardiac arrhythmias, implantable cardiac devices, and congestive heart failure.
Education & Training
- Chief Cardiology FellowOchsner Clinic Foundation (2004)
- FellowOschner Clinic Foundation (2004)
- Chief Medical ResidentCleveland Clinic (2001)
- ResidentGriffin Hospital (2000)
- FellowMotol Medical Center (1997)
- ResidentBeroun Hospital (1996)
- MDCharles University (1994)
- BSGymnazium Pribram (1987)
- Board CertificationNational Board of Echocardiography, Adult Transthoracic Echocardiography (2014)
- Board CertificationCertification Board of Nuclear Cardiology, Nuclear Cardiology (2003)